Forget about New Years Resolutions!

I want to share with you a bit of advice my Dad recently gave me.

OK, We know that people usually set "New Year's Resolutions." However, I will tell you NOT to. New year's resolutions tend to cause resistance. For example, many times I intend to do something or I'll make a new years resolution and it just never turns out as planned.

When things don't turn out as we would have liked, we tend to feel disappointed in ourselves, guilty, stressed or depressed about it. These overwhelming feelings are not healthy! Instead of making a New Years Resolution, make a Preference (as my Dad calls it). This way you won't be so disappointed if it doesn't work out exactly how you'd like it too. Now, this doesn't mean don't make any changes for the new year, you can STILL work towards a specific goal for the new year, but you won't be so attached to a result or outcome that you imagined. If it doesn't work out, that's okay, don't beat yourself up over it. Just set the preference, work towards your goal and whatever happens it's ok! You will be happier and healthier for setting a preference and reaching for your goals.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year!
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape